Publisher HypeTrain and developer Morteshka have released a new gameplay trailer and screenshots for card-based RPG adventure game Black Book, as well as announced that the free demo version of the game Black Book: Prologue is now available for Xbox One.
The Prologue features an essential part of the story from the full game—the first day of protagonist and young sorceress Vasilisa becoming a witch. It first launched for PC via Steam in May 2020.
The full version of Black Book is planned for release across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in Q3 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via HypeTrain Digital:
A fusion of card-based RPGs and adventure games, Black Book is a haunting tale of a young sorceress, who gave her life to serve the dark forces. Dive into the cold, yet alluring world of Slavic folktales—and uncover the secrets that hide in the darkness.
A young girl named Vasilisa, destined to become a witch, decides to throw her fate away and marry her beloved—but that dream is shattered when her betrothed dies under mysterious circumstances.
Aching for her lost love, Vasilisa seeks out the Black Book—a demonic artifact, said to be powerful enough to grant any wish to the one who uncovers all seven of its seals. Join Vasilisa in her adventures across the rural countryside, as she solves the woes of common folk by confronting demons and performing exorcisms.
- Uncover the Seals of Black Book – Unleash hellish spells on your enemies! Collect spell cards and new skills as you progress.
- A Historic Adventure – Solve riddles and complete side-quests as you learn more about life in the Slavic countryside.
- Lead a Demonic Flock – Send demons to do your bidding, but be careful – idle demons will torture you if you don’t find them something to do!
- Myths and Legends – Explore a world based on Northern Slavic mythology. Learn from an in-game encyclopedia, created with the help of expert anthropologists – and find all folk tales hidden within the game!
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.