Publisher Humble Games and developer Pocket Trap have announced sports RPG Dodgeball Academia for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch in 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
In a world where dodgeball is life, you join Otto at the academy and train to become the ultimate dodgeball champion. Across eight episodes, you’ll forge friendships and create rivals, all in the name of developing the best dodgeball team.
Level up Otto and develop a dynamic team across a vast and customizable party progression system. All the while, explore the vast Dodgeball Academia and uncover the long hidden truths that reside within the very walls you live, learn, and dominate in.
- Explore and uncover the secrets of the Dodgeball Academia across its vast, diverse, and full of life campus.
- Journey through a full-blown RPG story mode; complete with episodes, main quests, side quests, and school minigames.
- Unlock and upgrade unique characters, diversifying your dodgeball team through an RPG style character and party progression.
- Engage in action-packed dodgeball matches featuring a unique fighting game style that will put you up against challenging enemies and bosses.
- Duke it out with a friend locally in a competitive local versus mode.
Watch the announcement trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.